SUMMER CAMPING ADVENTURE IN KIAMA
We’re treated to a couple of extra daylight hours this season, and the skies sure do celebrate. Settle in with your camping buddies in Kiama and a cup of tea – or a glass of bubbly – and watch as the sky erupts into the most magical mix of pretty pinks, fiery reds and dreamy deep oranges at sunset.
THE BEST PICNICS
There’s an abundance of new additions ready to dominate your dishes. And it’s easy to find the freshest pickings in our region. Produce is readily-available from local shops or farmers’ markets, such as the Kiama Farmers’ Market on Wednesdays at Surf Beach. Stock up with bursting blueberries and strawberries for your morning muesli, avocado for your guacamole, and all the gourmet goodness for your after-dark produce platter.
THE BEST WEATHER
Summer is ripe for outdoor adventures, with pleasant temperatures paving way for a host of daytime fun. Get out and try hiking along the Kiama Coast Walk, surfing at Bone Yard, or throwing the rod in on a reef fishing charter. And sneak in a swim.
SUMMER CAMPING CHECKLIST:
- Be prepared for all elements with quick-drying layers
- You’ll no doubt be out all day exploring in those pleasant temperatures, but it’s good to use camping as a platform for some much-needed downtime, too. Pack a book you’ve been meaning to read, a diary to record your day’s thoughts and some board games to help you unwind.
- A lantern, torch or headlight. Even though the sun sets a little later towards the end of the season, you’ll want to be prepared to light up your camp life after dark.
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Rashie for sun protection when you surf
- Soda Stream – so you can make refreshing drinks all day every day to keep you hydrated